Tuesday, May 22, 2007

The pregnant Swiss darling, Milady and I had a concert on Sunday. It was a nice chappel close to Leiden. And it went very nicely indeed. Apart from the fact that I kept forgeting the goddamn text and sang pseudo-German in a song that I've been singing already for a very long time. But it's typically me. (a note to myself): It is high time I change that and start preparing more thoroughly. Starting now with Britten's wonderful Cradle Song... I have to sing it tomorrow and though I've been doing it for the last month and a half, that I've recorded it, I still doubt with some of the words.

Anyway, what I loved about the concert was, that after it was all done and over, and we were sitting in the changing room, the organizer came, visibly pleased with what we did. He then gave us 4,50€ in change. Ok.... hmmmm He said that a lady in the audience liked the concert very much and decided to give us a tip! How sweet! That never happened to me... The tip is not big, considering it was the 3 of us, but it is the mere gesture that is so rewarding. We split the money.

4 comments:

ka-ma said...

What exactly do you mean by "pseudo German"? :))

ambala said...

I mean I invent words while singing... i cannot remember the original text, so I sing something that sounds like German... hehe... very useful. More then lalalaa

ka-ma said...

Unless you are in a German speaking place... you probably should try to remember the words in that case! :))

ambala said...

yes yes! haha