Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Well, the new year has begun. I wonder what it will really bring.


There are things I really need to change! It's weird for me to think about New year's resolutions, cause I've never done that. I always saw the passing from one year to another in a very natural and non-complicated way. Yesterday is 2006 and today is 2007. So what.


But this year I feel the change. Is bizarre to explain the feeling. But I have a feeling I have to do things this year, otherwise it will become to late. I will miss things in my life. Things I will later regret.
Perhaps it’s just the fact I’m getting older, heh heh.

Anyway, we’re beginning the 2007 with a splash. We’re off to Egypt tomorrow!! Cairo, the dessert and oasis. I’ve been fascinated by Egyptian art ever since I was a kid. The whole mystery with the building of the pyramids, the whole splendid culture that ceased to exist, the hieroglyphs, which I find a fascinating writing, always aroused a lot of my interest. I was fascinated by Cleopatra and her beauty. Of course to me it was the beauty of Elizabeth Tayor in that epic portrayal of this famous Egyptian Queen. btw we watched the film a few days ago - 4 hours of actual film and another 2 hours of a documentary. Did not know it is the 2nd most expensive film ever made.

We’ll now it’s time to see all that!! It’ll be our first time in Africa. Hope the weather will be nice. And I can bargain. I'm so looking forward! Hurrah!

Another thing: Slovenia joined the Euro countries. Congratulation!


Well guys and gals, I guess I’ll post something when I come back from Africa. Take it easy! Big kiss.

2 comments:

ka-ma said...

Have a great trip! I love Egypt myself. Just be careful about food - don't eat anything from the food stalls on the streets, go for better restaurants or limit your food to hotel restaurants. Last time we were there we all got stomach bugs, kids were down with high fever and all the other things that go with stomach bugs. Nasty! We spent 10 days in a hotel in Luxor (with a wonderful view to the Nile, I must add) never leaving our room and observing the Valley of the kings from our balcony across the Nile, but never managed to get there! So please, be careful, be very strict about washing your hands, don't drink water and be careful, what you eat!

person said...

hope you enjoy your trip