Monday, October 23, 2006

After talking to all three Germans yesterday and another one today, I was told that it was the World Soccer Championship in Germany this summer '06 that made them more free as far as the use of their national flag goes. That they were not ashamed by being nationalistic and that they realized that they can also show their patriotic nature with such symbols as flag, without being labeled nazistic.

Am really happy for them. I'm sure it's difficult to get the weight of responsability off your chest.

To be quite honest, the one flag I really cannot stand at the moment is Stars and Stripes. I get shivers down my spine when I see it... Therefore no American flag on my blog!


OK I promise now to stop with the whole Germany business...

Gute nacht und schlaf gut!

No comments: