Saturday, October 21, 2006

We certainly do not live our life in an isolated universe. We exist through other people, who mirror us, who show us our real selves, who form us. These are firstly our parents, our friends and our partners. But this is all social theory that I would not like to preach. Is boring.

The point I would like to make is that everyone has (or should have) at least one person which is really close but is not intimately involved. Intimacy really spoils the deep friendship bond between two people. And no matter how we try not to take that into account things are never the same.

I was fortunate to develop a very strong friendship with Milady. It is really the hard times that bring people together, isn’t' it? One can have a lot of fun and numerous parties and still not develop a strong bond, but it is the people that witness us in the hardest of days that stay with us for a lifetime. And we with them. My relationship with Milady started with me feeling all miserable in January 2003 as I have described in (perhaps too) detailed way in the previous post. Not only that I left the safe cradle of my parent's home, I left Cmoko, I also went abroad to do something that I haven't really done before. I was on a totally new territory – 3 times new. And after the whole excitement was gone, I was left with bitterness and doubt and most of all: insecurity. No. Better: insecurities. And there were many of them of many different degrees. One of the reasons that I stayed here and did what I still do (and am the happiest person doing it) and be who I am is definitely the deed of the best friend I’ve ever had.
She's the one I can laugh to tears with, she's my harshest critic and does not spare a hard word when I'm stupid – that’s quite often too ;)) She's my biggest supporter in what I do and is ceaseless in putting me back to earth (either from the abyss or sky). During the hard day that I had there were two things keeping me above water: love to Cmoko and friendship to Milady. Not only that she served as my psychologist but also as someone I was able to have fun with and was able to make me see that my life is not dependent on my being with Cmoko. Something I also try to tell to others in the same position.

We all need someone special who is the one that smacks us in times when we are unable to be realistic enough to realize what is happening to us.

And now this pic that we’ve seen with Milady yesterday: it a Darth Vader in a 17th Century vestibule. We walked past by it and I thought it’s such a surreal situation… But you know that old Latin proverb: de gustibus non est disputandum.

No comments: