Wednesday, October 25, 2006

In the evening yesterday Cmoko and I finnished the last DVD of Lord of the Rings. To be precise: A film of LotR. There are still 6 DVDs of extras left though.

Let alone if we would want to listen to all of the films with all of the commentaries on. I think there are 7 per film. And if we count that on average the film lasts 3h50, that would mean that we'd need to spend before TV another 96 hours!!!! I'll spell it for ya: ninety-six hours. And again, that's without extras!! That's another week. And then I wander: who the hell is going to do all this!? Who has time to watch all that on a tv? Even to see all the films in an uncut for in a heroic action. But my Cmoko wanted all the 12 special-super-ladidah-edition. Now he's gotta see it all!! heh heh...
apart from the fact, that I cannot stand Frodo. I cannot stand his film portrayal: the bloke (Elijah Wood) bites his fingers, which is really disgusting, and he has about two facial expressions throughout the film. No: all 3 films! And then, and then he doesen't even want to let go od the goddamn ring. AAAAA!
Anyway, it doesen't matter. I really want to finnish the reading of the book. There are two problems: the book is at a friend's house, a friend I haven't seen in years (so I believe the book to be lost) and secondly I really have to time to read it. I have just enough time to read the things I have to read for my thesis.

I'm glad that Tolkien's wonderful mythology was put to film. :D

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You never can tell, probably you'll enjoy all ninety-six hours of it :))).
I don't like extras, especially the "making of the movie" part sploils all the fun... or at least most of it, anyway.
The book is great, but my imagination differs from Peter Jackson's a lot, so... no, I didn't like the movie too much.